craig h. howe
Craig’s practice focuses on achieving the client’s goals through effective and efficient representation in the courts and through alternative dispute resolution. He has represented clients in civil litigation matters at both trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts. He has litigation experience in construction, real estate, landlord/tenant, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, banking, insurance coverage, personal injury and wrongful death defense, partnerships, and general contract disputes.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, D.C., 1996
- Editorial Assistant, The Catholic University Law Review
- B.A., cum laude, Psychology, University of Utah, 1991
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
U.S. District Court, District of Utah, 1996
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2017
U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2008
- Defend health care institutions against claims of medical malpractice in Utah and Arizona.
- Represented insurance company in obtaining summary judgment against claims for breach of contract and bad faith in credit-disability insurance matter.
Obtained dismissal of negligence claims filed against banking client in real estate dispute.
Secured injunctive relief for multi-level marketing company in dispute with former principal.
Obtained dismissal, at trial, of claim for unjust enrichment brought by contractor against environmental-remediation client.
- Judge Russell W. Bench, Utah Court of Appeals, 1996-1997
- Judge pro tempore, Small Claims Division, Third Judicial District Court, Salt Lake County, State of Utah, 2005-2009