JAKE D. BARNEY
Although a recent law school graduate, Jake nonetheless has litigation experience at both the trial and appellate court levels. While in law school, he interned at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Utah and for three federal trial and appellate judges where he received broad exposure to professional liability, commercial, intellectual property, and tort cases, to name a few. That experience has allowed him to provide valuable insight in a wide variety of commercial and general civil litigation matters.
Jake is not yet licensed to practice law, but scheduled to take the Utah Bar examination.
- J.D., Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, 2018
- Managing Articles Editor, Journal of Public Law
- Intern, Judge Carolyn B. McHugh, Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Intern, Chief Judge David Nuffer, U.S. District Court, District of Utah
- Intern, Judge Kent J. Dawson, U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- Intern, U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Utah
- B.A., Communications, Brigham Young University, 2014
- Not yet admitted to practice law, but scheduled to take the Utah Bar examination
- Legal Host, Open World Leadership Center
- Volunteer Mediator, Salt Lake and Utah County Small Claims Courts
- Student Member, A. Sherman Christensen Inn of Court (2017-2018)