JOHN T. ANDERSON
After graduating law school at age 23, John has spent the past forty years practicing law in Salt Lake City, Utah. The focus of his practice has been commercial litigation. The thousands of cases he has handled include lender liability, fiduciary misconduct, professional liability, business torts and construction disputes. He has tried over 250 litigated and arbitrated cases.
- J.D., University of Denver College of Law, 1977
- B.S., magna cum laude, Political Science, University of Utah, 1974
- Utah, 1977
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 1986
- Barton Ents. v. Tsern, 928 P.2d 368 (Utah 1996)
- Hales v. Big H Const., Inc., 2012 UT App 283, 288 P.3d 1046
- Horne Trust v. Wardley, 2013 UT App 129, 304 P.3d 99
- Sampson v. Richins, 770 P.2d 998 (Utah Ct. App. 1989)
- Martindale-Hubbell® has given John its AV Preeminent® rating, signifying that his peers rate him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Rated among Utah Business Magazine’s Utah Legal Elite™ in Civil Litigation (2012-2014).
- Has handled about 25 legal malpractice cases for a variety of individuals and businesses, resulting in recoveries of several million dollars over the years.
- Has represented many real estate developers in litigating disputes in several Utah counties.
- Obtained multi-million dollar settlement against large Salt Lake City bank for its management of testamentary trust.
- Member, Litigation Section of the Utah State Bar