KASSIdy j. wallin
Kass’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, oil and gas law, and real estate matters. He has been involved in the litigation and resolution of a broad number of cases, from large commercial disputes in federal and state courts to small informal administrative adjudications. He also regularly advises clients on private real estate transactions. That range of experience allows him to provide practical and tailored representation for each client.
Kass graduated with honors from the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law in 2012. Prior to joining Anderson & Karrenberg, he completed a clerkship for Judge David Nuffer in the United States District Court for the District of Utah. He also served as an Assistant Attorney General and an O’Hara Honors Program Fellow in Natural Resources Law for the Utah Attorney General’s Office, where he represented state agencies, including the Division of Oil, Gas and Mining.
Before attending law school, Kass actively participated in the Hinckley Institute of Politics and completed an internship in Washington, D.C. with former U.S. Congressman Chris Cannon. Kass currently serves on his city’s planning and zoning commission and on the board of his community’s homeowners association.
When he is not working, Kass enjoys hitting greens in regulation and traveling with his family.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, 2012
- William H. Leary Scholar
- Associate Editor, Utah Law Review
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Scholarship
- B.A., cum laude, Speech Communication: Argumentation and Critical Decision Making, University of Utah, 2008
- Dean’s List
U.S. District Court, District of Utah, 2012
- Chief Judge David Nuffer, U.S. District Court, District of Utah, 2014-2017
- Member, Litigation Section of the Utah State Bar
- Member, Energy, Natural Resources & Environmental Law Section of the Utah State Bar
Midvale City Planning and Zoning Commission, 2014-present (Chairman since 2017)
East Riverwalk Homeowners Association, 2015-present (Vice President since 2016)